返回首页 >

World Insights: Top U.S. officials blasted for jaw-dropping security breach

2025-03-27 16:18   Xinhua

  Roger Wicker, a Republican senator and chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told reporters Monday, “We're very concerned about it and we'll be looking into it on a bipartisan basis.“

  Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, a Democrat, labeled the incident “one of the most stunning breaches of military intelligence I have read about in a very, very long time.“

  In a previously scheduled Senate hearing Tuesday, Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee blasted the Trump administration for its actions, while chat participants maintained that they had not discussed anything classified.

  “Did this conversation at some point include information on weapons, packages, targets or timing?“ asked Martin Heinrich, a Democratic senator from New Mexico.

  “Not that I'm aware of,“ CIA Director Ratcliffe replied.

  Jon Ossoff, a Democratic senator from Georgia, asked whether the discussion included Vice President Vance's private opinion on the wisdom of proposed U.S. strikes in Yemen.

  People inspect the site after U.S. airstrikes in Sanaa, Yemen, on March 20, 2025. (Photo by Mohammed Mohammed/Xinhua)

  “I don't recall,“ Ratcliffe said.

  According to Goldberg, Vance challenged the wisdom of U.S. strikes on Yemen, arguing that the U.S. move was bailing Europe out as Europe is more reliant on the Red Sea transport route. Both Vance and Hegseth showed disdain for Europe.

  Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, noted that the unwillingness of the individuals involved in the chat to “even apologize or acknowledge what a colossal screw-up this is speaks volumes.“

猜你喜欢

热点新闻

{$loop_num=0}